Some results obtained by Steve T. Tsai for his clients:
– obtained jury verdict in favor of Orange County skin micro-dermabrader manufacturer and its officers in $10 million dollar willful trade secret theft, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, intentional interference with contract and trade libel action by competitor in Orange County Superior Court; the jury returned the verdict in favor of clients on all but one of the claims and on this one claim it awarded $1 against only one client.
– obtained $ 3.2 million pre-judgment writ of attachment for publicly traded, multi-national Taiwanese computer peripherals manufacturer against its customer in breach of contract and fraud action in Los Angeles County Superior Court; the attachment froze the defendant customer’s assets such as bank accounts, accounts receivables, inventory and equipment;
– obtained $ 281,000 fraud judgment for Chinese food chemical manufacturer in fraud action in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California;
– successfully settled for publicly traded Taiwanese OEM licensee a million dollar willful trademark infringement, unfair competition action by Hewlett-Packard in the U.S. District Court, Central District of California;
– persuaded hardware manufacturer, Knape & Vogt, to dismiss with prejudice its patent infringement action against Taiwanese hardware manufacturer client or face sanctions for bad faith filing of the action;
– successfully settled federal action by court appointed receiver of Ponzi scheme perpetrators under which client was allowed to keep most of the return from its innocent investment;
– prevented patent infringement action by Case Logic, Inc. against Chinese media case manufacturer clients and their US distributors by negotiating a favorable license agreement;
– obtained in the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction for Orange County infant and children’s keepsakes manufacturer enjoining large infant products manufacturer Dolly, Inc.’s trade dress and copyright infringement;
– obtained temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction for Orange County micro-processor and rock crystal oscillator manufacturer in trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, breach of fiduciary duty and trade libel case against former employees in Orange County Superior Court; the preliminary injunction caused defendant former employees to settle on very favorable terms to the client, including a permanent injunction;
– obtained in the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, temporary restraining order and permanent injunction for Los Angeles County computer gaming case manufacturer against California, New York, North Carolina and New Jersey infringers of its copyrighted case designs.
* These historical case results are not predictions of future outcomes. Each case is resolved on its own merits, facts and evidence.